Skip to main content

AWESOME pattern videos using novelty yarns! Part 1 Red Heart Yarns


Do you go to youtube when searching for patterns? I did this week and wanted to share some awesome finds!

I recently worked this up with Red Heart's new yarn coming out called Filigree. I love how cute it is! So if you cant get your hands on Rigoletto try any thick non yarn type yarn!

Speaking of Rigoletto have you seen my Rigoletto scarf I made from Mikey's video? ( took me like 5 minutes to make... How amazing is that??? I mean I REALLY love all these new yarns coming out from Red Heart Yarns


If you have seen ribbon yarns and not known what to do with them.... Look no further!!!!!! I was sooo inspired by the video below ( made by Teresa ... and if you have ever searched on youtube the name Teresa and the sound of her voice should be very familiar indeed ****** I learned to crochet from Teresa and Mikey via youtube!***** She used the lovely ribbons yarn ( in the video she uses red hearts but many yarn companies make ribbon yarns ooo soo much fiber goodness! ) and instead of crocheting in the ladder of it 
she used a bigger hook and crocheted it all together! seeing this video insipred me to use the yarn in this way as well

Free pattern here 
I love the way the ribbon yarn worked as a trim in this ! 
Now I am sure you have seen all the sashay scarves... Most are knitted and some have crochet patterns for them
I like again the creativity of not using the yarn the way
you thing one should use it! have you seen my free pattern to crochet sashay scarves? It is my top seeling class of all time at Michaels!  Come back tomorrow for more fun novelty how to videos!


And Last is a video I made almost a year ago using one of my favorite yarns.. Redheart boutique changes! 

Comments

  1. Thanks Mary Kathryn! What fun videos and links! :-) That reminds me on the ribbon yarn; I made a scarf out of Bernat Truffles not using the ladder but the whole thing on knitting needles. It actually was from a pattern found in the Red Heart Chic yarn wrapper. It was enough to add a buttonhole and have a scarflette. Thanks for the videos I'll be diving in to them!..(ps Thank you for adding my videos!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your bernat Truffles scarf sounds very cute! I am going to have to google the yarn, as I have not seen it yet!!!! I'm glad you liked the post and always happy to share other designers stuff, esp, when you have great content!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cross Bangle

I wanted to crochet a sideways cross bracelet for some time now but it wasn't until I received this lovely STARDUST( by Red Heart yarn ) that I actually sat down to make it!  This project will fly by you will want to make one for everyone at church :) Stardust - any color you like I used #1303 Brown * this requires very little yarn, so make a lot!* E crochet hook Skill - Advanced Beginner (* HINT this is basically a vertical row or a shell*) First stitch*** Ch3, hdc 3rd ch from hook, ch1, 2 hdc ( all in the same space) Every other one*** *turn, slip stitch until you and in the ch1 space, ch2,1hdc,ch1,2hdc* repeat until you have the length desired, * it should stretch slightly to slide on and off your wrist.. ** suggested lengths _ Woman's s/m ~18 shells l/xl ~20 shells Mans~ 23 shells child~ 11-15 ( 11 fits most five year olds) sew the 2 ends together and weave in your tail at least 4 inches worth so it will not come undone. ***Add the cross part***

Thread Cross Bookmark

I used Aunt Lydia's Crochet thread and a size D hook. Make a magic circle Round 1 Ch3, 2dc, ch2, 3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch2 and join. Sides and top of cross Ch3 2dc, ch2, dc3 in any ch2 sp. Turn and *sl to ch2, ch3,2dc, ch2,3dc. *Turn and repeat * repeat everything in this step 3 more times. Cut thread and weave in ends at the ends of the sides. Bottom of the cross When you get to the last side repeat the * section 2 more times for a total of 4 shells for the bottom and 2 shells for the sides not including the center. On the top of the cross attach yarn and chain 26, skip the first 5 and sl to the first chain. Then I added a tassel. If thread isn't your thing check out this great bookmark Stitch 11 made from my Cross Bangle pattern! Check out the Stitch 11 post here

Easy simple no shaping stocking ornament

Step 1 This is the star stitch but you can make these any size and any stitch just make it in this shape. The above sample has 19 star stiches on the bottom ( 2 rows plus beginning hdc row)and reduces to 10 star stiches ( 3 rows) step 2 turn so the right sides are facing each other, and sew them together like the above picture,. isdsjfklajlkdsjc step three turn right side out! attach a chain 5 if desires so you can hang it. I am making about 30 of these for my 6 year old to hand out as Christmas gifts at school with mini candy canes in them! Below is a crochet chart for a basic hdc stocking but you can use any stitch. * turn at the end of every row,  * ch1 and hdc in the first stitch of every row Row 1 ( starts from the bottom up) chain 38 Row 2 38 hdc Row3-6 repeat row 2 Row 7 starting 11 stitches over ( you can do this my sl or if you alternate colors just attach the yarn on the 11th stitch) hdc in the next 18 stitch  Row 8 until- (desires length i