Skip to main content

Mini crochet valentine for him


Now I love over the top lace and pink trust me I have one heck of a girly one coming up for you next week but I wanted to start with a MANish one! Because... not all guys love pink and red and lace like we do! I think this project is great with black and gold or your man's favorite sports team colors!!!!

I used Black worsted weight ( 4ply) yarn ( Loops and threads impeccable, however use any non soft yarn, you want this to keep its shape, red heart super savor is great too)
I also used gold fashion thread ( size 5)

and a 2.75 steel hook. For crochet the base of this you the smallest hook you can so it's tight. I used the steel hook but as long as you use an f or smaller you should be good

we start by crocheting a rectangle

chain 18 ( or any number you want the width to be) +1
Row 1 hdc in the 2nd chain from the hook, hdc in every chain for a total of 18 hdc ( chain 1 is used as a step up in every row)
Row 2-10 ( or how ever long you want it) turn, ch 1 , hdc in every stitch for a total 18 hdc


NOW
FOLD your black rectangle in half:  sl, ch3 sl across the top continue this pattern along the front part of the card ONLY don't crochet all four sides together

I left my front blank but feel free to add hearts, or any thread logo you can come up with!!


On the inside I "wrote" I mean crocheted I <3 U

This is simple enough THAT ANYONE ( yes I mean you who just started crocheting ) can complete this! *** Feeling lost need help? Comment below, or email me at crochetchiq@gmail.com I am always happy to help!
When stitch my heart on, ( I AM NOT A SEWING PERSON LOL The heart lost some of it's shape, for this reason I recommend using fabric glue if you to are not a sewing person to attach the I <3 u)


 
Using thread and a 2.75 hook

To make the I
ch8, sc in the 3rd chain from the hook sc in each ch until the end weave in your ends ( or leave long to sew)

To make the <3 ( heart)
ch 8
chain 2 ( first hdc) 4 hdc in the 3 ch from the hook, 2 hdc in the next, hdc in the next, 3 hdc in the next, 1 hdc in the next, 2 hdc in the next, in the last ch space 5 hdc,

NEXT we want crochet on the other side of the chain what you just made is the outside and bottom part of the heart, don't worry about what it looks like just yet and it may need blocking, 2hdc in the next, work 2 over lapping decreases ( so instead of turning 2 spaces into 1 with will turn 3 into 2 that makes the top part of the heart) work 2 hdc in the last ch, sli into the beginning of the heart.

To make the U
ch 13, sc in the first 5, 2sc in the next, 3 sc in the next, 2 sc in the next 1 sc in the rest.

What do you think of this? Will you be crocheting anything for valentine's this year? Comment below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cross Bangle

I wanted to crochet a sideways cross bracelet for some time now but it wasn't until I received this lovely STARDUST( by Red Heart yarn ) that I actually sat down to make it!  This project will fly by you will want to make one for everyone at church :) Stardust - any color you like I used #1303 Brown * this requires very little yarn, so make a lot!* E crochet hook Skill - Advanced Beginner (* HINT this is basically a vertical row or a shell*) First stitch*** Ch3, hdc 3rd ch from hook, ch1, 2 hdc ( all in the same space) Every other one*** *turn, slip stitch until you and in the ch1 space, ch2,1hdc,ch1,2hdc* repeat until you have the length desired, * it should stretch slightly to slide on and off your wrist.. ** suggested lengths _ Woman's s/m ~18 shells l/xl ~20 shells Mans~ 23 shells child~ 11-15 ( 11 fits most five year olds) sew the 2 ends together and weave in your tail at least 4 inches worth so it will not come undone. ***Add the cross part***

Thread Cross Bookmark

I used Aunt Lydia's Crochet thread and a size D hook. Make a magic circle Round 1 Ch3, 2dc, ch2, 3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch2 and join. Sides and top of cross Ch3 2dc, ch2, dc3 in any ch2 sp. Turn and *sl to ch2, ch3,2dc, ch2,3dc. *Turn and repeat * repeat everything in this step 3 more times. Cut thread and weave in ends at the ends of the sides. Bottom of the cross When you get to the last side repeat the * section 2 more times for a total of 4 shells for the bottom and 2 shells for the sides not including the center. On the top of the cross attach yarn and chain 26, skip the first 5 and sl to the first chain. Then I added a tassel. If thread isn't your thing check out this great bookmark Stitch 11 made from my Cross Bangle pattern! Check out the Stitch 11 post here

Easy simple no shaping stocking ornament

Step 1 This is the star stitch but you can make these any size and any stitch just make it in this shape. The above sample has 19 star stiches on the bottom ( 2 rows plus beginning hdc row)and reduces to 10 star stiches ( 3 rows) step 2 turn so the right sides are facing each other, and sew them together like the above picture,. isdsjfklajlkdsjc step three turn right side out! attach a chain 5 if desires so you can hang it. I am making about 30 of these for my 6 year old to hand out as Christmas gifts at school with mini candy canes in them! Below is a crochet chart for a basic hdc stocking but you can use any stitch. * turn at the end of every row,  * ch1 and hdc in the first stitch of every row Row 1 ( starts from the bottom up) chain 38 Row 2 38 hdc Row3-6 repeat row 2 Row 7 starting 11 stitches over ( you can do this my sl or if you alternate colors just attach the yarn on the 11th stitch) hdc in the next 18 stitch  Row 8 until- (desires length i