Skip to main content

A huge HONOR

I am floored with EXCITEMENT!!!! It's not every day that one of your crochet mentors messages you to let you know that he loved your pattern enough to make a RED HEART video about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so honored Mikey choose my pattern out of the 1,000's that are available on the redheart.com website! I remember the first time Mikey Instant messaged me I jumped up and down and said I am chatting with THE Mikey!!! Yes the "the" was necessary  at the time I was just a fan and I was happy when I got 5 view on my small blog a day! I had asked him what he thought about my First AFC video and he gave me soo much good advice! fast forward 1.5 years ish and now he filmed one of my designs :)


The pdf of the pattern can be found here on the red heart site
Or you can see my blog post of the pattern here notice how more professional the pattern looks when a model an professional photography is used instead of my camera phone! ( I am saving for a camera and photography course )

The Video will be available on His youtube here make sure you subscribe so you can be one of the first to see it :) Leave him a comment and let him know what you think!!


Since I am on the subject of Mikey he posted on his blog last week about his CROCHET arium
display at creative festival He is making a 6 foot dolphin by yarn bombing a blow up one!
                                   This is my first WIP photo. I could only find a pink one so I colored it with a black sharpie. The yarn I am using was picked out by my son. He chose my Red Heart yarn bin , so everything is from red heart ( I like to keep my brands separate do you?) Changes in granite, with love in eggshell, heather grey in super savor, and the blue to grey ( don't have the label) in the midnight ! The basic concept of what I an doing is all hdc and some sc and the increasing and decreasing as needed .
My son turned 7 today and for his party ( thankfully that is happening later this month!) he asked for a ocean theme!  I am crocheting most of the decorations and thanks to mikey sharing his idea I am making a 1.5 foot SHARK over a blow up dolphin. After his birthday I am letting him pick 1 and his brother pick one and we will be donating the rest to mikey's  Crochet arium  and the proceeds will go to charity! click on the link above if you would like to donate!


This is a photo taken yesterday of me working on this at a local coffee shop! I am almost done with the grey, next I will use the changes yarn for gills and then use my Red Heart With Love in eggshell for the bottom, then comes red felt for the inside of the mouth and all the grey yarns for the bottom jaw :)

Comments

  1. After reading some nice stuff in your article I really feel speechless, because it is quit pretty article. Beside this it is also a long lasting article. Thanks for giving me such type of useful information.
    buy link wheel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cross Bangle

I wanted to crochet a sideways cross bracelet for some time now but it wasn't until I received this lovely STARDUST( by Red Heart yarn ) that I actually sat down to make it!  This project will fly by you will want to make one for everyone at church :) Stardust - any color you like I used #1303 Brown * this requires very little yarn, so make a lot!* E crochet hook Skill - Advanced Beginner (* HINT this is basically a vertical row or a shell*) First stitch*** Ch3, hdc 3rd ch from hook, ch1, 2 hdc ( all in the same space) Every other one*** *turn, slip stitch until you and in the ch1 space, ch2,1hdc,ch1,2hdc* repeat until you have the length desired, * it should stretch slightly to slide on and off your wrist.. ** suggested lengths _ Woman's s/m ~18 shells l/xl ~20 shells Mans~ 23 shells child~ 11-15 ( 11 fits most five year olds) sew the 2 ends together and weave in your tail at least 4 inches worth so it will not come undone. ***Add the cross part***

Thread Cross Bookmark

I used Aunt Lydia's Crochet thread and a size D hook. Make a magic circle Round 1 Ch3, 2dc, ch2, 3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch2 and join. Sides and top of cross Ch3 2dc, ch2, dc3 in any ch2 sp. Turn and *sl to ch2, ch3,2dc, ch2,3dc. *Turn and repeat * repeat everything in this step 3 more times. Cut thread and weave in ends at the ends of the sides. Bottom of the cross When you get to the last side repeat the * section 2 more times for a total of 4 shells for the bottom and 2 shells for the sides not including the center. On the top of the cross attach yarn and chain 26, skip the first 5 and sl to the first chain. Then I added a tassel. If thread isn't your thing check out this great bookmark Stitch 11 made from my Cross Bangle pattern! Check out the Stitch 11 post here

Easy simple no shaping stocking ornament

Step 1 This is the star stitch but you can make these any size and any stitch just make it in this shape. The above sample has 19 star stiches on the bottom ( 2 rows plus beginning hdc row)and reduces to 10 star stiches ( 3 rows) step 2 turn so the right sides are facing each other, and sew them together like the above picture,. isdsjfklajlkdsjc step three turn right side out! attach a chain 5 if desires so you can hang it. I am making about 30 of these for my 6 year old to hand out as Christmas gifts at school with mini candy canes in them! Below is a crochet chart for a basic hdc stocking but you can use any stitch. * turn at the end of every row,  * ch1 and hdc in the first stitch of every row Row 1 ( starts from the bottom up) chain 38 Row 2 38 hdc Row3-6 repeat row 2 Row 7 starting 11 stitches over ( you can do this my sl or if you alternate colors just attach the yarn on the 11th stitch) hdc in the next 18 stitch  Row 8 until- (desires length i